Webisodes


006: Destiny Part 3, Capture

(Santiago is seated in a wheel chair, in a dark room of a large building at night. A watchlight scans past the windows at regular intervals. From behind him, Elisa and the Serious looking woman are talking to one another.)

Serious looking woman: You're attracted to him...aren't you?

Elisa: He's a project...just like the others.

Serious looking woman: I wanna believe you.

(Santiago begins to awaken as the watchlight agitates his eyes.)

Elisa: He's waking up.

Serious looking woman: You know the protocol...extreme caution.

Santiago: Where am I? What the hell did you do to me?

Elisa: Relax. We can explain.

Santiago: (standing up weakly from the wheelchair) I'm getting out of here, now!

(Santiago invokes his power, running through the building looking for a way out. He briefly slows to notice the Serious looking woman, then continues searching for an escape. When he finds all doors locked, he returns to Elisa.)

Santiago: What do you want?

Serious looking woman: You have a gift Santiago. We want to help you make the most of it.

Santiago: (to Elisa) Who is that?

Elisa: You're not alone. There are others out there like you. Each of us has a gift. We want you to be apart of something much larger than yourself.

Santiago: This is how you ask? By kidnapping me?

Serious looking woman: We've learned it's better to apologize, than to ask for permission.

Santiago: How did you know about me? I didn't even know.

Serious looking woman: We merely followed the law of probability. You inherited your gift from your father.

Elisa: There are so many things you don't know yet Santiago.

Serious looking woman: Your power is called accelerated probability. First you can slow things down, see the path...

Elisa: ...and then "zip", you're there.

Santiago: That's right.

Serious looking woman: We want you to take your father's place. Carry on his legacy.

Santiago: What are you talking about?

Serious looking woman: We'll show you. (sets up a film projector) These people have recently been deemed as targets. It was your father's job to find them and deal with them.

Santiago: When you say deal with them?

Serious looking woman: You're meant to kill them of course. Your father was very good at it...he never missed his mark.

Santiago: You're saying my father did this, for money?

Serious looking woman: We have other means of persuasion. Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that.

Elisa: You've been given a gift Santiago. We're offering you a future, a purpose. We're trying to make the world a better place.

Santiago: (to Elisa) You're a killer too? (long silent pause) I'm not killing anyone...ever.

Serious looking woman: I'm not giving you that choice. (draws a pistol) On the count of three, a bullet will exit this chamber, and if you choose not to use your powers, it will penetrate your skull. One...Two...(Bang: she fires early)

(As the bullet leaves the chamber, Santiago runs out of the way, takes the gun from her hand, runs behind her, cocks the trigger, and points it to her own skull.)

Santiago: You want me to be a killer? Well I've just found my first victim.

Elisa: Santiago don't.

Santiago: Why not? You kidnap me. You lock me up. You torture me. Give me one good reason not to blow her head off.

(Serious looking woman shows a video of his mother to him on her phone.)

Santiago: What is that?

Serious looking woman: It's your mother...shoot me and she dies. It's as simple as that.

Santiago: This is how you got to my father.

Serious looking woman: As I said, we can be very persuasive.

Santiago: Who's my first target?

(Afterward, Santiago is taking a shower. Elisa materializes behind him out of the water.)

Santiago: What are you doing?

Elisa: (She puts her fingers over his lips denoting to be quiet) Saving you.

(She turns him around and the kiss...the watchlight is still seen scanning in the background.)