Webisodes


004: Destiny Part 1, Let Us Pray


(Caption: Baranco - Lima, Peru)

Maria: You are late Santiago, tell me that is not the sacrificial wine? You need to be more responsible Santiago, people are counting on you.

Santiago: I need this light to change already. (light changes) See you at church Maria.

(Elisa on moped buzzes him on the street, causing him to fall and drop the wine and soccer ball; he uses his ability to avoid a delivery truck, and to catch the wine before it hits the ground)

Maria: (handing him his cleats and soccer ball) What just happened?

Santiago: (no reply, just a confused look)

(Later in the Catholic Church, Santiago joins his mother Iris and they sit together and listen)

Father Juan: God's blessings are abundant. But there are many who suffer, while others feast. The Bible teaches us that if we give, we shall receive...(continues on in the background while Santiago and Iris talk)

Iris: Stop fidgeting.

Santiago: Sorry.

Father Juan: ...to help those in need. If you will look around you, you will see that the need is very great...

Santiago: I just have alot on my mind right now.

Iris: Your father was right, you're a dreamer Santiago. You can't go through life without direction. You need purpose.

Santiago: I know.

Father Juan: ...Let us pray. (begins praying in Latin)

Santiago: I know i need...

Iris: (Iris interupts him, motioning with her finger to be quiet for the prayer)

(Afterward, outside the church)

Iris: Santiago, there's a world of opportunity in front of you, can't you see it?

Santiago: Actually I can (laughs) I really can!

Iris: Something is different...what is it? What happened?

Santiago: A miracle, mama.

Iris: Is that so?

Santiago: I'm on my way to church, and this truck was about to hit me and...it didn't. I escaped somehow, and I just...I'm not sure...

Iris: God watches over all of us and there's a reason he saved you; and you need to find that reason.

(Santiago looks away from Iris and sees Elisa)

Santiago: Yeah, I gotta go mama, bye. (kiss goodbye)

Iris: Be home for dinner.

(Santiago uses his ability to hurridly run across the street and come up behind Elisa)

Santiago: Hey...

Elisa: Where did you come from?

Santiago: Church. I'm Santiago.

Elisa: Elisa. I'm not sure how you did that, but it's nice to meet you.

(Elisa walks off, by the 'Serious looking woman', and Santiago catches back up to Elisa)

Santiago: Did you just move here? I mean, I think I would have noticed someone as pretty as you before.

Elisa: I was away at school I...came back to help my folks when my father got sick. They don't have the money to pay for rent. I went to church to pray for answers. Stupid right?

Santiago: No. Not at all. There are many who suffer, while others feast. Father Juan said that in his sermon today. We have to help each other. I think he's right, don't you?

(Another soccer team-mate interupts, running between them eyeing Elisa, handing Santiago a jersey)

Esteban: Move your ass conqueto(English: flirt)! The game's starting. Woo!

Santiago: Gotta go. You should stick around. I have a feeling your prayers are gonna be answered.

Elisa: And how would you know that?

Santiago: Just an instinct. (runs off with the team dribbling the ball)

(Elisa walks back to the 'Serious looking woman')

Serious looking woman: Well?

Elisa: He's ready.

Serious looking woman: Good...get close to him. Just be careful, Understood?

(Elisa disappears into a plume of water)