Webisodes


007: Destiny Part 4, Escape


Santiago: Where are we going?

Elisa: We're getting out of here.

Santiago: How do I know that this is real, that it isn't some kind of a test?

Elisa: You don't. You'll just have to trust me.

(She attempts to open a door but it is locked, blocking their escape.)

Santiago: Why should I? You're the reason I'm here in the first place.

Elisa: You don't belong here Santiago, and neither do I.

Santiago: When I held that gun in my hand...I felt different. Part of me just wanted to pull that trigger. Maybe I'm just like my father...a killer.

Elisa: No. I met your father. He was a proud, brave man...but they destroyed him. Every day, every mission, they took another piece of him until there was nothing left. I feel it happening to me. They're changing me. I don't want it to happen to you too.

(They kiss, and she disappears, leaving a water drop on Santiago's lips...then as she opens the locked door from the other side, a red laser sight appears on her forehead, and three agents begin to shoot at them. Santiago sees the bullets coming in slowly, anticipates the outcome, and hurridly grabs her and they flee.)

Serious Looking Woman: (on cellphone, standing beside shooters.) We have two runners.

(Santiago and Elisa flee into an outside alley, and Santiago looks around, unsure of his location.)

Santiago: Where the hell are we? One minute I was in Peru, and now...

Elisa: And now you're in Chicago. Chicago's where we train...we have agents all around the world.

Santiago: I need to get home, to my mother...

(A car screams down the alley, and just as it would hit them, Elisa pushes him out of the way, and turns to water as the car crashes by. The scene changes, and they are now entering Santiago's church in Peru.)

Santiago: Mom. (He puts his hand on her shoulder as she is praying, startling her.)

Iris: (turns in excitement and relief) Santiago. Where have you been?

Santiago: Mother there is something I need to talk to you about. This is my friend Elisa.

Elisa: Pleased to meet you.

Iris: Are you in some kind of trouble with this girl Santiago?

Santiago: Actually Yes, but it's not what you think.

Iris: OK, I'm listening.

Santiago: It's a kinda hard thing to explain...Momma, I think Poppy had some secrets. He worked for an organization, a secret organization.

Iris: Your father is not the only one keeping secrets. (produces fire in her palm)

Santiago: Why didn't you tell me?

Iris: I had to protect you.

Elisa: So what do we do now?

Santiago: We gotta get out of here.

Iris: No. Now that they know about you, we can't run. Not anymore. It's time to fight.

(Santiago gets a text message saying, "Come outside, and you'll see the truth")

Elisa: What is it?

Santiago: I forgot something, I'll be right back. (He goes outside alone.)

Serious Looking Woman: (outside answers her cellphone) Are they there?

Hitman: (hiding in the church) Oh I see them, the boy's coming your way.

Serious Looking Woman: Good, we'll need to eliminate them all. (hangs up)

(A fast blur like Santiago makes flashes behind her, and she turns.)

Serious Looking Woman: Edward? I thought you were dead.

Edward: And I thought you and I had an agreement, my family were to be left alone.

Serious Looking Woman: They found out about Santiago, what he can do. I didn't have any choice.

Edward: I staged my own death, to get out of this life. To protect my family.

Serious Looking Woman: There are never any guarantees.

Edward: So you betrayed me, after all we've been through.

Serious Looking Woman: Like I said, I had no choice.

Edward: No, but you are responsible. And we always have choice. (Edward evokes a ball of electricity between his hands, and blast her to the ground with it, as Santiago walks up.) Santiago?

Santiago: Papa? (they embrace)

(As they walk away, the Serious Looking Woman lies smoldering and arcing on the ground, her eyes open, and she squeezes a key in her grip as the scene fades.)