Webisodes


008: The Recruit, Part 1

Chapter 1: Private Mills

[Introduction: One month ago...as part of a secret government operation, Pinehearst Research recruited 50 marines. These marines were to be injected with experimental serum to aid in apprehending people with "Special" abilities. These "Specials" pose a threat to society. ]

(Unknown facility - Tappen, NJ)

Rachel Mills: (strapped to a chair, with iv and shoulder wound noticeable) I told you I don't have it. Maybe somebody took your damned serum to find a cure.

Angela Petrelli: That serum, was not part of the program that recruited you. It's an inferior formula, and it's dangerous.

Rachel: I'm telling the truth.

Angela: Well truth is a relative thing my dear, you'll come to learn that in life, if you live long enough. And with truth, sometimes come pain. Life, death, truth, pain. They're all related. I am sorry about your pain. (touches injured shoulder as Rachel winces)

Rachel: I'm fine. I...I...(flashback to when the injury happened)

Angela: You have no idea how much worse this will be unless I get that serum back. Now, where is it?

(Pinehearst Lab - 12 hours earlier)

Ryan Hanover: (carrying some syringes of the serum) This is bull. Recruiting girls.

Rachel: Oh yeah, well this girl...served her country just like you.

Ryan: You are nothing like me, PRIVATE Mills.

David Sullivan: Dude, relax...she's on our side.

(Ryan exits, bumping into Mill's shoulder on purpose)

Mills: Go to hell, Ryan.

Ryan: When the time comes, you get injected, first! (waving serum at her)

Rachel: Fine, would you think I have...

(They are interrupted by a blue-flamed explosion that destroys the room.)

David: (inaudible)

Rachel: Where's Ryan?

David: I don't know. (pinned under a concrete column.)

Rachel: Oh my God, Oh God. (tries to lift column) Come one...(strains) come on...(no luck). OK, listen to me. I'm gonna get you out of here, alright? (building quakes...she goes to other side of room, and grab the remaining serums)

David: (inaudible) Look Out. (ceiling above Rachel collapses, and she teleports across the room to safety as he watches.) Oh my God. What was that?

Rachel: It was nothing. It was nothing David. You know you have to believe me, you have to believe me. You have to trust me OK?