Webisodes


009: The Recruit, Part 2

Chapter 2: It was nothing

(a recap of the end of Part 1 is shown with David yelling an alert to Rachel as the ceiling begins to fall on top of her, and she teleports across the room to his side; then tells him it was nothing.)

[Caption: Unknown facility - Tappen, NJ]

(Rachel is again shown sitting at the table with injured shoulder, and iv, strapped to the chair where Angela Petrelli had interrogated her in the prior webisode. This time, she is alone in the room with a large black man standing infront of her against the wall.)

Rachel: Who are you? Where is she?

Carlos: Mrs. Petrelli will return as soon as you are ready to tell her where the serum is.

Rachel: Go to hell. (she winces from her shoulder injury, and pulls on her hand-straps)

Carlos: (Walks toward her, showing a horshoe tattoo on his right forearm.) Those are for your own protection. The drug (refering to the iv) neutralizes your ability...

Rachel: I don't have an ability. I already told you, I'm not special.

(flashback to the Pinehearst lab just after her teleportation scene)

David: You should have told me you can do whatever it was you did.

Rachel: I told you nothing happened. nothing. (she ties a splint to his wounded leg) I'm still me. Ok? Stand up. Come on. (she helps pull him up) There ya go.

(Ryan re-emerges...holding two vials of the serum)

Rachel: Ryan?

David: You Ok?

Rachel: Where's the third vial? Did you inject yourself with the serum?

Ryan: Damn right I did. I heard that Tracy chick say it would make us into super-soldiers. I figured it might help fix this. (lifts up his shirt to show a large abdomen laceration.)

Rachel: Oh my God.

Ryan: We need to get the hell out of here.

David: We're locked in.

Rachel: You feel anything yet?

Ryan: No, maybe I'm immune.

Rachel: Let David try it.

Ryan: Why should I? (draws the vials away in a protected stance as David winces from pain. Rachel grabs one and starts to inject David, as Ryan draws a pistol.)

David: Where the hell did you get that from?

Ryan: Give me the damn serum.

Rachel: You've had your shot. (As she injects David, Ryan shoots, wounding her in the shoulder. David falls to the ground convulsing from the injection.) David...David? What's wrong? (He looks at her and appears to roar.)

Ryan: (in reaction to David) What the hell?