Webisodes


012: Hard Knox, Part 1

Chapter 1, "Choices"

(Matt and Knox are going through a cafeteria foodline together.)

Matt: 95, 96 seasons...Lasorda's last two years, and by the way, he took 'em to the playoffs both years.

Knox: Lasorda's over-rated.

Matt: Oh please...(laughs)

Knox: He knew more about pasta than about managing a ball club.

Matt: Well yeah, but you don't dis Tommy.

Knox: I gotta fly.

[Caption: 18 months ago]

Matt: Bartel still gotcha on a leash, huh? You said you were gettin' out Knox.

Knox: I am. (Matt: yeah) I am. It's not just something you walk away from. How would the police feel if you just called up one day, and said, "I'm quittin'"?

Matt: Hey ya know what...if I did that...there probably wouldn't be too many complaints. Just because I've know you since you had baby teeth, doesn't mean I won't bust you if I catch you doing something stupid.

Knox: Thanks for the taco.

(Later in a room with a bunch of gang thugs.)

Bartel, Knox's Gang Thug Leader: (grabbing a few guns off the table, passing them out to other thugs.) It's a McMansion in Hancock Park. You know, jewelry, cash, computers...that kinda thing.

Gang Thug 1: You sure nobodies home?

Bartel: If there is, I hope they like guns.

Knox: If it's cool, I think I might sit this one out.

Bartel: What do you mean?

Knox: I've been thinking lately about slowin' down a little...I mean, you guys could split the take four ways, right? I mean if it's cool with you, "B"?

Bartel: Sure man, it's cool. (grabs Knox by the neck) You want out? One bullet and you're out.

Knox: That's not what I meant. I just thought that makes...

Bartel: (Interupts) Enough. You working another crew?

Knox: No, you're the main man B.

Bartel: This ain't trade school, you feel me? You don't call in sick. And I aint sending out four guys to do a five guy job!

Knox: I'm down with you....no worries.

Bartel: (spins and puts gun to the throat of Thug 1) Anybody else wanna take the day off? Huh? (puts the gun on another thugs throat) Hey? (puts the gun on a third thugs throat) You? (back to Knox) Let's do this.

(As the Bartel put the gun to each man's throat, Knox picked up on their fear, and increasingly bent a steel crowbar he was holding until it was nearly U-shaped.)

Knox: Yeah.