Webisodes


011: The Recruit, Part 4

Chapter 4: Day of Reckoning.

[Caption: Unknown facility, Tappen, NJ]

(Angela Petrelli continues her interrogation of Rachel Mills.)

Rachel: I destroyed the serum and killed David, what else do you want from me?

Angela: (Carlos stands in the background) I have sons. Handsome boys. I love them with all of my heart. (Browsing a file) Were you close with your mother?

Rachel: My mother killed herself.

Angela: Have you ever asked yourself why?

Rachel: That's none of you business (interrupted)

Angela: Because I think you know.

Rachel: Don't tell me this.

Angela: I think you've always known. I knew your mother Rachel. We were girls together. Laona and I...in fact I was there on the day she discovered her power. She was very special. But she was also scared and weak and didn't want to be different, so she chose to kill herself rather than to face up to the truth of who she really was. She chose to abandon you, left you to fend for yourself rather than to embrace her power and be of service to the world. It's just so difficult sometimes to see the ones we love in the cold heart light of day. But you're different. You're stronger than your mother...I know. I know you. I know you went into the service to make your grandpa proud, and know that you had to fight for every good thing you had in your life. (Rachel starts to cry) Well you can stop fighting now Rachel. Claim your power now Rachel, this is your day of reckoning.

Rachel: (blurting out emotionally) I'm not special!

Angela: There's so much you can do for this world if you just accept who you are.

[Caption: Pinehearst Lab]

(flashback to the prior events with Ryan and David, with Rachel banging on a locked door)

Angela Narrating: The doors were locked, but you were found in the hallway. (Rachel teleports through the door.) I know how you got there. All you have to do is say it.

(Back in present-day, in the interrogation room)

Rachel: (shaking her head no) You're wrong. That's not who I am.

Angela: I don't believe you.