Webisodes


012: The Recruit, Part 5

Chapter 5: The Truth Within

[Caption: Unknown facility, Tappen, NJ]

(Angela Petrelli and Carlos continue their interrogation of Rachel Mills.)

Angela: (handing a cellphone to Carlos) He's onboard, we continue as planned. (turning her focus to Rachel) I underestimated you private Mills, and I conceded this battle.

Carlos: (Carlos walks behind her, and removes her IV and wrist constraints.) It'll wear off in a few hours.

Angela: I commend you, you're a fighter. We are a rare breed.

Rachel: I'm not like you. I'm nothing like you. I just wanna go home.

Angela: There's a car waiting for you outside...you're free to go.

(scene changes to Rachel driving a car, and parking it near a gas station; then enters the restroom.)

(Rachel leaves in the car, and stops at a gas station restroom. She has a flashback showing her iat the Primatech Lab, removing the bullet from her shoulder, then replacing it with the vial. She subsequently removes the dressing, and pushes the vial back out of it's hiding place, and into her hands, rebandages her shoulder, then leaves the restroom.)

Angela: (standing in the shadows) This is why I never wanted a daughter. There so much more complicated. (Carlos walks up behind Rachel.) You watch helplessly as the world slips in and turns all of the sugar and spice into bitterness and deceit.

Rachel: If you knew all the time, why bother interoggating me?

Angela: I wanted to give you the opportunity to face yourself, and in my business it's important to know who you can trust.

Rachel: I just wanted to try to find a cure, maybe(interupted)

Angela: Rachel, your ability is as much a part of you as the color of your eyes, or the loss of your mother...Leona...a beautiful name.

Rachel: I like to think I'm going to see her again one day.

Angela: Well that's up to God. (Rachel hands the serum vial to Angela.)

Rachel: What do you want?

Angela: We want to help you. (Carlos puts a black bag over her head, and carries her off, as Angela dials her cellphone.)

(scene changes to a sweatered woman receiving a cellphone call from Angela.)

Angela: Hello Leona, it's me, Angie Petrelli. It's been a long time.